My first beta reader finished the book and loved it! I have completed over 100 pages of the edits now, and have already given the first half of my book to my second round of beta readers; I hope to be finished with this round by the end of the month!
So far, I have cut a lot, replaced a lot, rewritten a lot, and... written some. All in Danarko. I have also drawn a little, but not as much as I wish I have. I cannot wait for this month to be over; I have decided to take a break in February from all of the editing and give my third round of beta readers a relaxing time to get through my book. :)
Now! Here's a good question. I have several book cover ideas. I plan to do a voting process on it, but I don't have pics for all of the ideas yet, so here's the descriptions:
1. The current photo, Mara with her sparking scimitar (salev'i in Xharos).
2. A bloodstained scimitar in a display case.
3. A bloodstained scimitar resting against a tree.
4. A bloodstained scimitar resting against a tree, a shattered amulet beside it.
5. Just the bloodstained scimitar; really simple background.
6. Sparking black scimitar with a teardrop-shaped amulet dangling around the hilt.
7. A red and blue glowing amulet on velvet cloth.
8. A mysterious silver door on a black background.
9. A broken gate with a floating portal in the entrance of the wall, the field scored and destroyed.
10. A sphere of black tendrils surrounded by silver lightning bolts on a grey background.
Message me through my FB page www.facebook.com/MaxStoribrook/ OR www.facebook.com/DanarkoBook/ with your vote! The three with the most votes will be drawn and posted for all to see and for later voting/comparison. Hurry up and vote! This process will not be going on for long, maybe a month at most.